Wednesday, September 1, 2010

It is glorious and sweet to die for one's printer

This is my 6th year at VCUQ, and though I would really like to reflect on my time here, there is a much more important issue I need to focus on: my printer. My printer, and why no one will come to hook up my printer so I can actually use my printer to print things that need printing. A major influx of new people and the expansion has created equipment shortages and it's getting kind of Lord of the Flies'ish up in here. Printers have become a major commodity. I know I should be grateful that I at least have a printer even though I can't use the printer making my printer a sort Schrödinger's cat, both dead and alive, but paranoia is setting in. I've heard rumblings that another department is manuevering to claim printers, to TAKE printers from those who have printers and who need printers just as much as the people who want to take the printers away. I have decided to take a stand. I will not let anyone take my printer. I am moving into my office, which will henceforth be known as bunker 162a. I will remain in bunker 162a every day, around the clock, to protect my printer, which when it was hooked up last year was a wonderful printer, and which will one day be hooked up again and go back to being a wonderful printer that prints things that need printing.

No comments:

Post a Comment